What is Gospel Magic or Gospel Illusions?
Chee Chee, Bjou’, Mr D and sometimes Chester himself, use card tricks, rope tricks, balloons and juggling to share the Gospel. You get to see the Gospel in a whole new way! All these are just tricks that any one can learn. There is no “magic” involved, in fact I explain that at the beginning of each show.
- There is a card trick that teaches you God is all around you, right there in plain sight.
- A rope trick to teach about the man in the vineyard that hired people at different times of the day.
- Card trick about how Jesus forgave those that put Him on the cross and how we should follow Him.
- Linking rings to teach about all things are possible.
- One trick talks about doubting Thomas
- There are a few tricks just for fun and a few other things thrown in for laughs and giggles.
- Juggling to teach about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Balloon tricks to show how the Holly Spirit fills you and how God wants to change you.
This is a short list of things that are done during a show and at the end there is usually an Alter Call.
Shows can be 5 to 45 minutes and you can have a balloon session afterwards where the clown you chose to come can make balloon figures for everyone.
I am also connected with a Christian Clown Group from the New Hope Church in Walton, NY. We do mime acts to songs and skits.